SIMO® Low Profile Actuator Range
Motion Control Products Limited new SIMO® Series Linear Motion Platform is a solution designed to be versatile, flexible, and affordable.
- Versatile options allow a design engineer to meet multiple application requirements within a single platform.
- Flexible due to consistent geometry creating a platform of interchangeable options.
- Affordable with SIMO® qualified rails providing machined precision at extrusion prices.
The SIMO® Series Linear Motion Platform range of options includes:
- Rail heights; low profile for tight spaces or a tall version for greater structural integrity. Each aluminium base rail is uniquely qualified with the SIMO®process (Simultaneous Integral Milling Operation) for six times less bow, two times less twist, and two times better flatness. The result is a base rail with machined precision at aluminium extrusion prices.
- 3 bearing tribology's; self-lubricating FrelonGOLD® plain bearings which are ideally suited for contaminated environments, V-wheel roller bearings for high speed applications, and profile rail linear guide ways with recirculating ball bearings for rigidity and precision.
- 3 drive types; lead screw with machined nut or anti-backlash nut, ball screw, or two versions of belt drives.
This versatility to mix-n-match features within the same design envelope allows an engineer to test multiple configurations, easily adapt to changing requirements dependent upon load, speed, accuracy, environment, and life considerations, while specifying a linear motion system that is on budget and on time every time.
We can also integrate a XYZ custom solution to suit your application requirements, please contact our sales department on 01202 599922 or [email protected]
The SIMO® range of low profile linear actuator have the ability to be integrated with any bearing option, the SIMO® Series Linear Motion Platform offers 3 drive options:
- Lead screw - with standard fixed or Contant ForceTM anti-backlash options, the self-lubricating polymer nuts and lead screws provide good rigidity, vibration damping, and consistent performance. Most common leads available are 1, 2, 5, 10, and 16 mm. Consult the factory for other options.
- Belt drive - 2 versions are available
Horizontal belt and motor mount for the UGT tall profile provides greater structural integrity for higher unsupported loads.
Vertical belt and motor mount for UGA low profile rail provides a compact economical belt driven solution.
- Ball screw - with a selection of accuracy classes and leads, the ball screw solutions provide the highest rigidity and precision available.
All are available with integrated 42 mm (NEMA 17) or 56 mm (NEMA 23) stepper motors. Please see related components, also available from Motion Control Products
Consult our sales office for other motor mounting options on 01202 599922 or [email protected].
Download Application Specification for SIMO® Series
Download SIMO® Linear Motion Platform Brochure